Fly By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civil War Hauntings

3 posters

Go down

Civil War Hauntings Empty Civil War Hauntings

Post  CHook88 Sun May 17, 2009 12:08 am

I grew up in northern Virginia for a greater part of my life, when I moved there we moved into an old apartment building. My first night in my brand new bedroom I had these strange feelings, my room felt chillier than normal and the hair on the back of my neck prickled. It wasn't until a week later that I saw them.

A line of white figures marching through my room into my parents room. I saw them marching through my room at least once a week. I was terribly frightened at first, I hid under my blankets every time I saw them, then gradually I grew brave enough to watch, I even spoke out to them.

The one time I did say anything to them, one of them stopped while the others moved on. I quickly hid under my blanket, shutting my eyes as tight as I could. I waited awhile then peeked out from under my blanket. The ghost who had stopped was staring down at me.

I do believe I passed out at that point. lol But I later found out we lived on an old Civil War trail, and from then on I became fascinated with that era.

CHook88

Back to top Go down

Civil War Hauntings Empty Re: Civil War Hauntings

Post  KevinT FBN Sun May 17, 2009 9:44 am

I don't even know how I'd react to that. How old were you? It's theorized that certain tumultuous years of youth seem to stimulate paranormal activity, not that I'm saying that's the case here obviously. Did you ever speak to your parents of this? If so - how did they react?

Thanks for sharing!
KevinT FBN
KevinT FBN
Admin

http://www.fbnparanormal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CHook88 Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 am

i was about 6 years old, but being able to see or to even feel paranormal anomalies has stuck to me since. I did tell my parents on numerous occasions, but instead of believing me they felt that I needed to seek treatment. *sigh* I've never told them about any ghost sightings since.

CHook88

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinT FBN Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Sadly, this is not first time I've heard such a story. This brings up one of the hopes that I have for the paranormal investigation society. That the whack jobs who are making up stories for attention can be separated from the real 'sensitives'. The whack jobs are just far enough out there that the harshest critics can't see past them and stamp all such stories as mental illness.

How are you with it today? Is it something you feel you have to hide from certain people or are you cool with it?
KevinT FBN
KevinT FBN
Admin

http://www.fbnparanormal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CHook88 Sun May 17, 2009 6:54 pm

Heh, I just came back from Cocoa Beach and I happened to since a presence of an anomaly under the pier. As I was walking under it, I felt this sudden wave of cold and the hair on the back of my neck prickled. I looked around and there was a pillar that said, "R.I.P Eric Dunely" on it. That's been my most recent one in a long time.

I usually keep quiet about it unless it is brought up in a conversation. I almost never mention that I actually see ghosts because most people don't believe me.

CHook88

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen FBN Mon May 18, 2009 12:28 pm

The actual sighting of a ghostly line of civil war soldiers apparently is not uncommon...now, getting them to react to you is a completely different level of paranormal.
Thanks for sharing that - I'll need to think about this one for a while.
Stephen FBN
Stephen FBN
Admin

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum